Friday, April 29, 2011

The One that Got Away

I was trolling my local Goodwill store this past Monday and came across this little gem.

I like the back and the fact that it had a wide seat that pops out easily. I was thinking I could paint it a fun color (not just black or white) and recover the bottom for cheap. The best part, the chair was only $9!!! But, being the wishy-washy person that I am, I wasn’t sure. I intended to use it as a computer desk chair in my new “study,” but I couldn’t commit. Yes, couldn’t commit to $9, because what I really want is something more like this one (though not the colors) from World Market.


Of course, these types of chairs run about $100-150 and that’s just not in the budget right now. So, I showed the Goodwill chair picture to my non-thrifting hubby and he said go for it. Three hours later, we swung by Goodwill to pick it up on the way home from errands and....it’s gone. Yes, chairs are plentiful and easy to find, but still. Lesson learned...if you like it and it’s cheap, don’t leave it behind!


2 comments:

  1. That just made me really sad.
    I am sorry for your miss!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's funny how we will "pull the trigger" on $9 if it were clothes, food, lotion, etc...but something about furniture always makes me hesitate too. Sad story...

    ReplyDelete